When we started eating #lchf, we ate a lot of eggs. I mean a tremendous amount of eggs because it was safe. At the beginning, it can be confusing what foods you should eat, which you should stay clear of, and how much of everything you should eat. Much like chicken recipes, eggs can get monotonous if you don’t change it up and step out of the box. Adding low carb vegetables, interesting proteins, and different cheeses can really step up your egg game. That is why this frittata recipe is a real winner. It’s a basic recipe that can become so very versatile. You can absolutely make it your own Be creative!
We have started having frittata in our house at least once a week. It is great for a quick and easy dinner for lunch on the go. This recipe is Wyatt & McKenzie approved. They are the more adventurous foodies in our home and huge fans of eggs! The big boys are picky… We’ll just leave it at that. I am determined to win them over one of these days. Stay tuned.
Here are some of our favorite low-carb ingredients to use:
Spinach Mushrooms Roasted Broccoli Roasted Red Peppers Swiss Cheese Chives Ham Green Chilis Green Peppers Asparagus Bacon Sharp Cheddar Cheese Goat Cheese Chorizo Carmalized Onions
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted broccoli
- 1/4 cup onion
- 6 oz Honeybaked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt & pepper.
- Heat butter in an 8" oven proof skillet.
- Add onions, ham, broccoli, and spinach until heated.
- Pour the egg mixture over the meat and vegetables. Sprinkle on cheese.
- Place the filled skillet in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- *You may want to put it under the broiler for 2-3 minutes at the end of the cook time to brown the cheese on top.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
Calories 481 Fat 37 Protein 33 Carbs 6
Inspired by: Simple Clean Living