My Chicago customer’s used to call me “Big Brown.” I’ve been reminiscing about all the fun times in my years working at UPS in Chicago. After college, I moved up to the suburbs of Chicago for my first job as a sales rep at UPS. It was a great time and I made a lot of great friends but as time marched on, I realized that Chicago wasn’t home for me. I was a Hoosier through and through.
I headed up to Palatine this weekend for a catch-up weekend. My first stop was with one of my dearest friends, Julie. Coincidentally, Julie is on a Ketogenic path. Bonus for me! I wanted to bring her a little treat for having me at her house so I made her a Blueberry Cheese Danish Coffee Cake. Truth be told, I was in such a rush getting four kids, the dog, and our luggage in the car that I left the cooler at home! Next time Julie – promise.
If you are making these for your family, you can make a double batch fairly easily. The cake freezes really well. It is great to pull a single piece out of the freezer when you need a change from eggs.
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup Swerve sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- 5 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp Swerve sweetener
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Cream the butter and sweetener together in a medium bowl until smooth. Add the eggs, beating well after each. Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a separate medium bowl. Add to the wet ingredient and mix well. Pour in the almond milk and blend until smooth.
- Grease the 9x9 pan with butter. Spread the cake batter evenly over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over the top of the batter.
- Heat the cream cheese for 30 seconds in the microwave until soft. Beat with a fork until smooth. Add the egg and sweetener and beat with a fork until smooth. Pour over the top of the blueberries.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl or on the stove. Stir in the almond flour, sweetener, and lemon zest until fully combined. Crumble over the top of the cake.
- Bake the cake at 375F for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
Calories 200 Fat 18 Protein 6 Carbs 8
Source: I Breathe I’m Hungry