Hey Indy folks! Have you been to Georgio’s right off the Circle downtown? I love it. Haven’t had it for a while but I was thinking about those delicious pepperoni breadsticks. Is there a way to Keto-fy breadsticks? Yes, yes there is.
I, again, used the Fat Head Pizza Crust recipe as the base for these sticks. I rolled out the dough and loaded them with spicy pepperoni and a stick of string cheese (stolen from the kid’s stash in the fridge…Shhhh!) All you have to do is roll them up and slather them with garlic, parsley butter. Oh so good!
If you are looking for a change of pace, these are the ticket. Dip them in your favorite low-sugar pizza sauce and you are set!
Pepperoni breadsticks got nothing on this Keto version. Dip them in your favorite low-sugar pizza sauce and you have a fantastic appetizer or dinner.
- 1 ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz cream cheese (I used Food Club brand.)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp pizza seasoning
- 40 pepperoni rounds
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 4 tbsp Kerry Gold butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a microwavable mixing bowl, combine the mozzarella and cream cheese. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, pizza seasoning, and almond flour to the cheese and mix gently.
- Divide dough into eight equal parts. Place each dough ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll into a rectangle. Place five pepperoni and a string cheese on each square and roll them up. Place each stick on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat.
- In a small microwavable bowl, combine the butter, minced garlic, and chopped parsley. Brush liberally on each stick.
- Place the sticks in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until brown.
- Let cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
Calories 308 Fat 26 Protein 17 Carbs 3
Inspired By: I Wash You Dry