Happy Birthday, Megan! God truly blessed me when he brought you into my life. You are the best person I know with the biggest heart. I am unbelievably lucky to call you my wife and our four kids their mommy.
When I ask her Megan what she would like for her birthday dinner she said artichoke chicken and brussel sprouts without hesitation. What we both found funny about that is that brussel sprouts are a very recent addition to our repertoire. That said, they are now a favorite go to vegetable in our house. As an added bonus, they are another great vehicle for added fat.
- 5 (20 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained very well (squeeze them) and quartered
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 envelope Zesty Italian dressing mix (Good Seasons brand)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the onions and the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Remove from the heat.
- Put the chicken stock and cream cheese in a bowl and microwave a minute or two to melt the cream cheese. Whisk the dressing mix, garlic powder, and black pepper into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Stir in the tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, onions, and spinach.
- Place the chicken breasts into a casserole pan. Pour the cream cheese and veggie mixture over the chicken. Bake for around 30-35 minutes OR until the chicken is done.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and stick it under the broiler a few minutes to melt the cheese.
Calories 340 Fat 17 Protein 34 Carbs 11
Source: Bacon, Butter, Cheese & Garlic