Sales Executive – Area Development, Employee 639***. That’s my identity during the day. Sales Rep by day….opinionated, devoted father and husband, loving son and brother, and amateur cook by night. Once you get the lay of the land, a ketogenic lifestyle is very manageable…in the comfort of your home. It can be somewhat more challenging during the work day; particularly if you are on the road and taking customers to lunch on a regular basis (more on that later.)
Yesterday, we receive our first real snow fall here in central Indiana. Let’s just say that the Crossroads of America were a hot, hot mess. It took me over 4 hours to drive what typically takes 45 minutes to an hour. I was stuck on the interstate, surrounded by tractor trailers, no exit in site. Lunch time had come and gone and I was hungry. The bulletproof coffee that I had for breakfast was no longer sustaining this guy. Luckily, I have a stash of keto-friendly snacks squirreled away in the mini van. I pulled out my emergency water and macademia nuts and was completely satisfied until I was able to get somewhere for a more substantial meal.
Here are some easy snacks that you might consider having on hand for life’s unforeseen delays:
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts – I’ve tried several brands and these are my favorite. I know that Wal-Mart sells them and you can buy them in bulk through Amazon.
- Pork Rinds
- Low-Carb Vegetables (celery, peppers in moderation, broccoli, cauliflower) paired with individual size ranch dressing or cheese balls.
- Beef Jerky or Beef Sticks – These can be a great choice as they are readily available at gas stations and convenience stores. Buyer beware though. All jerky/beef sticks are not created equal. Make sure that you read the labels. These are not carb free and they can vary by brand. Always make sure to read the label on the back for nutritional information and serving size.
- Prepackaged Cheese Stick – My kids love string cheese! We regularly pack these for short road trips to break into so we don’t have to make continuous stops.
- Fresh Gourmet Parmesan Cheese Crisps – These cheese crisps are amazing! They can be a little difficult to find so I added a link to Amazon where you can buy them in bulk. Megan and I were looking for something to dip other than vegetables but couldn’t find anything with the crispness we were craving. These completely fit the bill and they are zero carb snacks!
- Madi K’s Salsa Almonds – If you like a little spice in your life then these are the snack for you. Truth be told, almonds aren’t really on my personal top 10 list. The salsa flavoring on these sent it back up to the top of my list for go-to snacks. Delicious, healthful, and low carb…does it get any better than that?!