These Garlic Knots are a take on Fat Head Pizza Crust craze. It is rare anymore that I have a huge craving for something bread but there are moments. The kids like to have garlic bread with their pasta which can be a huge temptation for us. Now that we have this recipe in the repertoire, it makes it much easier because we have a tasty alternative to enjoy with the rest of the family.
The best part about the garlic bread was the convenience. Take it out of the freezer and pop it in the oven for 7 minutes. I played around with these garlic knots a little and found that they are just as good straight from the freezer to the oven. I usually make a double or triple batch of the knots and then just stick them in the freezer for later use. It is always nice to be able to pull out 2-3 of something for portion control rather than making an entire recipe and trying to figure out how to store the remainder. Just bake them for about 15 minutes and then paint on the butter, parmesan, garlic topping.
Oh, and they are KID APPROVED!
Garlic Parmesan Knots are the perfect Keto accompaniment. Serve these with soup, Zucchini Lasagna, or a great salad!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp Kerrygold butter, melted
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking mat with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt. In a large saucepan, melt cheese over low heat until it's melted and can be stirred together.
- Add the butter, egg, and stir to combine. Add in the dry ingredient mixture until dough comes together. Continue to stir on low heat. Place dough on parchment and kneed until uniform.
- Divide dough into 16 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 7-inch log and tie gently into a knot. Place on prepared baking sheet a few inches apart as they will spread.
- In a small dish, whisk together butter, parmesan, garlic, salt, and parsley. Brush about half of the butter over knots before baking. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown.
- Remove and brush with remaining garlic butter. Serve warm.
Calories 110 Fat 14 Protein 3.5 Carbs 2
Source: All Day I Dream About Food