Going with my theme of casserole and the holidays, I thought I would also post this Cream of Chicken soup recipe. Stay with me….I am leading you to my favorite Thanksgiving leftovers recipe. I wanted to set the stage with these cream soup recipes since you’ll need them for the ultimate Thanksgiving remix.
Low carb, gluten free, and HOMEMADE version of this classic casserole ingredient. Perfect in time for the holidays!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 1 tbsp. chicken base
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 10 oz chicken (I like to use a rotisserie chicken but you can use canned.)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blend EXCEPT the chicken. Process until smooth. Add the chicken and pulse a few times to chop and blend.
- Cover and refrigerate if not using immediately. Do not freeze.
Calories 323 Fat 31 Protein 22 Carbs 6