I know that it is early but we got all of our Christmas decorations put yesterday. The holidays always creep up on us and we want to enjoy all of the beautiful decorations. It also prompted me to post this recipe a little earlier than I had originally intended. This will give you time to try this one out before the holiday parties begin. It is really good frozen so make a batch or two and you’ll have it ready for your party or just to nibble on while you are getting into the spirit!
Every holiday, there are treats and sweets everywhere. Work parties, customers, friends, family events…the list goes on and on. You will not feel deprived with these little sweet treats at your disposal. Like any chocolate though, you have to be mindful of your portion size. This is not something that you want to mindlessly eat. You could definitely graze on this not realizing the amount of carbs you are ingesting. Buyer be ware, for sure!
This peppermint bark will be the highlight of your holiday season. Sugar-free but they'll never know. Like any chocolate, you need to mind your portion size but for a quick chocolate and peppermint fix, this will fit the bill!
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 160 g (1 cup) Lilly's Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 60 g (2 tbsp.) cacao butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. Powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp dry milk powder
- 3 sugar-free Starlight mints, crushed
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to a gentle boil. Place a double boiler or glass bowl over saucepan and boiling water. Add the coconut oil and chocolate chips. Continue to stir chocolate until smooth.
- Spread dark chocolate in a thin even layer on parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator or freezer while you prepare the white chocolate.
- In a small saucepan, melt the cacao butter over medium heat. Turn off the heat and stir in the other ingredients. Let cool 2-3 minutes.
- Remove dark chocolate from refrigerator and spread the white chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped Starlight mints and return to freezer. Ensure that the chocolate that has frozen. This will make it easy to rough chop the chocolate into smaller bits.
Calories 62 Fat 6 Protein 0 Carbs 6